Generating a PNG8 image with System.Drawing

vladimir.knobel

Hi everyone,

I'm working in a MCMS 2002 site and for a template I need to create
images on the fly.
The image format of choice is PNG because this images had to have a
transparent background and .NET doesn't go very well with transparent
GIFs (black background generated instead).
So everything when more or less fine until I've tested my beautifully
anti aliased PNG images in IE 6 there they are showing a horrendous
washed blueish background.
Searching around I found that IE6 doesn't understand PNG32 or PNG24
images with transparent background, but it will show happily a PNG8
image with a transparent background.
Now I can't find the way to generate a PNG8 image with the .Net
framework :-(
Whenever I choose "ImageFormat.Png" in the Save method of Bitmap it
will save it as a PNG24 I guess.
It's a way to change the PNG mode in which .Net generates the
image????

Thanks in advance for you help you can provide on this matter.

Best regards

Vladimir