    be secured??

    Thanks,

    Brad

    Brad Pears, Aug 27, 2004

  2. "Brad Pears" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On our website, a user can order products from us. When they "submit" the
    > order, the website designer has written some ASP code to auto send an
    > email
    > to our Exchagne 2000 server. Due to the contents of the email, we need to
    > secure it... How can we send a "secured" email from ASp script or would
    > this not be a function of ASp at all but the server the email is being
    > sent
    > from? There must be something in the ASP code to indicate the email needs
    > be secured??

    Hi,

    Enable the SMTP (IIS) mail server with a certificate and, if you use the
    local CDO objects, SMTP server will automatically use encrypted
    communication with another server that also has enabled TLS. At least, that
    is what I've seen in my logs.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Aug 28, 2004

  3. Brad Pears

    Brad Pears Guest

    I'm not an ASP person. How do I find out if we are using local CDO objects?
    The website and all the ASP programming was/is done by our graphic designer
    on the Internet Providers win2k3 box. They have ASP installed there for her
    (and others of course) to use...

    Thanks,

    Brad
    "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Brad Pears, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Brad Pears

    Evertjan. Guest

    Brad Pears wrote on 30 aug 2004 in

    > I'm not an ASP person. How do I find out if we are using local CDO
    > objects? The website and all the ASP programming was/is done by our
    > graphic designer on the Internet Providers win2k3 box. They have ASP
    > installed there for her (and others of course) to use...

    [please do not toppost on usenet]

    Asking her ?

    btw, what is a local(!) cdo object?

    --