generating a secure email....

Brad Pears

On our website, a user can order products from us. When they "submit" the
order, the website designer has written some ASP code to auto send an email
to our Exchagne 2000 server. Due to the contents of the email, we need to
secure it... How can we send a "secured" email from ASp script or would
this not be a function of ASp at all but the server the email is being sent
from? There must be something in the ASP code to indicate the email needs to
be secured??

Thanks,

Brad

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Brad Pears said:
On our website, a user can order products from us. When they "submit" the
order, the website designer has written some ASP code to auto send an
email
to our Exchagne 2000 server. Due to the contents of the email, we need to
secure it... How can we send a "secured" email from ASp script or would
this not be a function of ASp at all but the server the email is being
sent
from? There must be something in the ASP code to indicate the email needs
be secured??

Hi,

Enable the SMTP (IIS) mail server with a certificate and, if you use the
local CDO objects, SMTP server will automatically use encrypted
communication with another server that also has enabled TLS. At least, that
is what I've seen in my logs.

Brad Pears

I'm not an ASP person. How do I find out if we are using local CDO objects?
The website and all the ASP programming was/is done by our graphic designer
on the Internet Providers win2k3 box. They have ASP installed there for her
(and others of course) to use...

Thanks,

Brad

Evertjan.

Brad Pears wrote on 30 aug 2004 in
I'm not an ASP person. How do I find out if we are using local CDO
objects? The website and all the ASP programming was/is done by our
graphic designer on the Internet Providers win2k3 box. They have ASP
installed there for her (and others of course) to use...

[please do not toppost on usenet]

Asking her ?

btw, what is a local(!) cdo object?