Generating a WSDL descriptor for my SOAP service

Ben Moxon

I'm a bit new here, so I apologise if this question is something that
you have covered a thousand times before, but I'm having a very
troublesome time working out whether I need to create a WSDL file if
I'm using the standard soap library or whether there is a way to get
my service to generate it for me? If not, do any of the other Ruby web
service frameworks offer this? I have found a lot of talk about
generating Ruby scripts from WSDL files but I haven't been able to
find anything solid about doing the reverse and unfortunately the SOAP
classes aren't very heavily documented so it's sometimes a bit tricky
to trace through them and work out what they are doing.

I realise that the whole thing about Ruby being dynamically everything
means that it doesn't need to behave in the same way as a strongly
typed language, but from what I can tell offering WSDL will make it a
lot easier for people using a strongly typed language to talk to the
service, which would make it a lot easier for the service to be
marketable...

Thanks in advance,

-ben

Roland Schmitt