generating C equivalent from C++ code

Peter van Merkerk

Yuming Ma said:
all,

reading this article (http://cpptips.hyperformix.com/cpptips/c++_c_output)
and wondering what does "cfront" and "cparse" do? and is there a tool in
the gnu family to generate C equivalent from C++ so that programer can
"peer" through the C++ curtain.

The G++ compiler does not generate intermediate C code, so I'm not so sure
if there is such a tool in the gnu family. But at
http://www.comeaucomputing.com/ you can get (for a reasonable price) an
excellent C++ compiler that outputs C code. The C output can be fed to
specific back-end C compilers. However the C output isn't really intended
for human consumption, so I'm not too sure if it would be really helpful for
you. If you know assembler, you might consider turning on the assembly
output of your compiler, which also can shed some light on how things really
work.