Generating Client-side JavaScript for Custom Postback

Sam Martin

ok, so further to my previous post, i now know how to get a normal HTML
control to raise a callback using the Page.GetPostBackEventReference(this,
callBackRef) method, however when this is called from within the Javascript
the IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData isn't called for my custom control -
even tho it's implemented.

any ideas?

TIA

Sam martin

bruce barker

postback data is sent by the browser as name/value pairs where the name is
the name (not id) of the control that is posting the data. asp.net looks at
the name (which should map to the .net control id) to know which control to
pass the postback data to. how is your HTML control posting its data back?

note: only way to postdata back in html is thru a <input>, <select> or
<textarea>, and they must be children of the posting form.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)