generating ipod video through cgi

Mark Liang

I intend to build a web-interface that allows hosted avi files to be
encoded into ipod format on the fly. The intention is to pipe the
encoder's output into the code of the cgi script and print it out as
the output is being generated.
I'm concerned because I couldn't resist the urge to code (1/3 done), b4
finding out if it can be done. I know its more of a http / cgi issue,
but please do shed some light.

Cheers
Mark

senthil.nayagam

HI Mark,

I would suggest do not link video encoding in file upload or delivery
mode, encode seperately using a cron task, as it is time intensive task

#in your batch execution script
output = %x{encoder xyz.avi xyz.mp4} #encoder command here

#in your controller
send_file("xyz.mp4")

Regards
A.Senthil Nayagam