generating multi-page output using xsl

Waqas Ashraf

hi,
I am a newbie at xml/xsl. I m trying to generate a book of papers
marked up in xml. I have a simple xml file which includes the papers,
and i have xsl stylesheet document which generates the output in the
form of ONE xhtml page.
I can generate the entire book as one xhtml file but I want to be able
to generate each paper on a DIFFERENT page. how can i achieve that?
My simple xml file looks as below:

<book>
<contents>
<chapter file="sst96.xml" />
<chapter file="sst98.xml" />
</contents>
</book>

Im accessing the contents of paper xml file as below from witin my xsl
stylesheet templates
<xsl:value-of select="document(@file)/paper/header/title" />

Basically, i want to be able to generate a table of contents with each
paper's title as a link to a seperate xhtml page. But what do i have
to do tell the xsl stylesheet to generate each chapter as a seperate
xhtml page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers :)
Waqas Ashraf

Alexander Schatten

Basically, i want to be able to generate a table of contents with each
paper's title as a link to a seperate xhtml page. But what do i have to do
tell the xsl stylesheet to generate each chapter as a seperate xhtml page.

unfortunately this is not part of the XSLT specification, but there are
several extensions in different XSLT processors. as you most likely use
Apache Xalan, you can find the description about how this works in the
apache Xalan documentation:

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html#redirect

Alex