    -EdK

    Ed Keith

    Blog: edkeith.blogspot.com
    Ed Keith, Oct 26, 2010

  2. In message <>, Ed Keith wrote:

    > I need to generate PDF files and I'm exploring what tools to use. I was
    > planing on using ReportLab, but recently found some references to pango
    > (http://www.pango.org/) and ciaro (http://cairographics.org/) being able
    > to generate PDF files. But am having difficulty finding details.

    Pango is just a text-layout engine. It doesn’t provide its own rendering
    facilities; it relies on graphics APIs like Cairo for that.

    For Cairo, just render to a PDF surface
    <http://cairographics.org/documentation/pycairo/2/reference/surfaces.html#class-pdfsurface-surface>.

    > Are there other options I have overlooked?

    How about Poppler?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 30, 2010

  3. Ed Keith

    David Boddie Guest

    On Saturday 30 October 2010 04:27, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, Ed Keith
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I need to generate PDF files and I'm exploring what tools to use. I was
    >> planing on using ReportLab, but recently found some references to pango
    >> (http://www.pango.org/) and ciaro (http://cairographics.org/) being able
    >> to generate PDF files. But am having difficulty finding details.

    [...]

    >> Are there other options I have overlooked?

    > How about Poppler?

    Poppler is first and foremost a rendering library, not a PDF generator,
    though it's very good at what it does:

    http://poppler.freedesktop.org/

    David
    David Boddie, Oct 30, 2010