Generating projects roadmap on the fly in asp.net 2.0?

antonyliu2002

Hello,

First, please take a look at the following screen shot:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1226/1185331048_5d0b41e7f8_o.png

We are working on a web-based project management system for our
client. They would like to have the system generate such a project
roadmap on the fly, by grabbing the data from the database.

I would say that this is gonna be pretty hard to implement.

The durations of each project are retrieved from the database.
Project A, B and C are related, and this is visually represented by
having them span two adjacent rows. But, let's forget about the
grouping of these 3 projects. Is there any charting application that
can handle this task?

I know a few charting applications can do Gantt chart pretty. But, I
haven't found anything that can do such roadmaps.

Any hint is highly appreciated.

[...]

OK, is it possible to create such a chart using GDI+ from scratch? I
do not have any graphics programming experience, but if GDI+ can
easily handle such a graph, I am very interested in learning to do
it. Anyone with GDI+ experiences?

weston.jossey

OK, is it possible to create such a chart using GDI+ from scratch? I
do not have any graphics programming experience, but if GDI+ can
easily handle such a graph, I am very interested in learning to do
it. Anyone with GDI+ experiences?

Having not done much asp.net / graphical representations, I can't say
for certain how easy or hard your solution will be, but it is doable
using the tools provided. They won't be incredibly sexy, but they
will be accurate. The built in drawing functionality is minimal, but
it is a base which you can build upon.

There are a number of products on the web (which my company is
currently evaluating), which do provide far more complex graphing
capabilities. The licenses run from under $100 to over a thousand, so
be mindful of your budget. The tradeoff in licensing a product vs.
hand coding a solution may be more beneficial to implement the outside
solution.

Best of luck,

Wes