    overwrites another one.

    Thanks for any help in advance!

    -Jon

    Jon, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Jon

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 10 Feb 2005 14:29:36 -0800, "Jon" <>
    wrote:

    >I need to generate an XML File dynamically using ASP and a SQL
    >Database.

    How much easier do you want it ? There's any amount of example code
    floating around, even from M$oft alone.

    >I don't have time to learn php or any other programing
    >language.

    That's OK. ASP and JavaScript is the only good thing about Windows /
    IIS as a web server. Avoid VBScript, just use JavaScript (strictly
    it's JScript)

    > I need a ASP page to either append information to an XML
    >file

    That's a bad idea. There are all sorts of locking issues you don't
    want to get into, where multiple web sessions try to write to the same
    file simultaneously. Do it through a SQL database instead.

    I doubt you need an XML _file_ at all. Maybe you'll have read-only
    access to one, maybe you'll create an XML document (but not saved as a
    file) on the fly, maybe you'll write fragments on XML into the
    database.

    You should begin by installing MSXML on the server, the relevant SDK
    help file on your desktop, and getting some of the included examples
    working.

    _Don't_ generate your own XML. Always use a DOM like MSXML.

    Then ask again with more specific questions.

    --
    Roses are red, violets are blue,
    your computer won't boot,

    Andy Dingley, Feb 11, 2005