Generating XML file with information extracted from database

Discussion in 'XML' started by DAVALQUI, Jul 8, 2007.

  1. DAVALQUI

    DAVALQUI Guest

    Hi,
    I am quite new to XML and though I am reading extensively lot of
    documentation about it in the last few days I do not seem to approach
    to what I want.

    I want to generate a file with a very simple format where I need to
    write three data. Output file will be something like this:

    <weather>
    <wind>6</wind>
    <visibility>600</visibility>
    <direction>NE</direction>
    </weather>

    This data is taken out from a database periodically so I am thinking
    in building an application which reads an input file with data format,
    look for data in database and generate output file. I started my
    investigations and I came to the conclussion that the input file which
    describes the format could be written in XML Schema. That seems to be
    O.K.. At the beginning I though to have an extra file where I told my
    application where data should be extracted from my database but having
    gone through XML documentation this seems to be stupid if I could just
    tell in my schema where data should be read. However application which
    is going to read output file is not interested at all in knowing
    database table and database point where data has been extracted from
    so I wonder how to include this information in my schema and tell my
    application that this is relevant for it but it should not be included
    in the output file. As Schema describes the format to be used in my
    XML document I am wondering now if I should not go back to my idea of
    two different files, one with XML format definition and the other one
    with database points.

    Any ideas?
    It looks quite easy but XML gets more complicated the more I read
    about it.

    Thanks.

    DAVALQUI, Jul 8, 2007