Genereal xml web services question

Bruce Hendry

From a seasoned perspective, is using xml web services the "best" solution
for the following problem. I've been doing client/server apps for a while
but am fairly new to the asp world. I'm not wanting someone to write the
solution for me, I just want input to verify I'm heading in the right
direction.

Company A will output xml files. Company B needs to respond instantly to the
receipt of the xml files and alert users from an asp (1.1 framework)
application that data has been received and it is time to do something in
the asp application.

My plan is to publish a web service from within Company B's asp application
that listens for Company A's xml files. Upon receipt, the files will be
written to classes and used within the app to alert the user and process the
data.

Any feedback welcome. I picked up Applied XML Programming for .NET and plan
to use it as a resource if I go this direction. Thanks.