    I would be interested in knowing if anyone had personal experience with
    any of these, recommendations, etc.

    Thanks.
    n/a, Nov 15, 2007

  2. n/a

    Axel Etzold Guest

    -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    > Datum: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:35:00 +0900
    > Von: n/a <>
    > Betreff: Genetic Algorithm and Ruby

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am interested in Ruby libraries that could be of help in
    > using/implementing genetic, evolutionary algorithms and, while I did the
    > obvious search:
    >
    > <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Genetic+Algorithm%2Bruby&btnG=Google+Search>
    >
    > I would be interested in knowing if anyone had personal experience with
    > any of these, recommendations, etc.
    >
    > Thanks.

    As you have found some Ruby implementations of genetic algorithms from Google already, I'd just like to suggest the following technical report
    paper as a gentle introductory guide to literature about genetic algorithms:

    http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/194057.html,

    saying for what kinds of problems genetic algorithms work well.

    Best regards,

    Axel

    Axel Etzold, Nov 16, 2007

  3. n/a

    n/a Guest

    Axel Etzold wrote:
    > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    >

    > As you have found some Ruby implementations of genetic algorithms from Google already, I'd just like to suggest the following technical report
    > paper as a gentle introductory guide to literature about genetic algorithms:
    >
    > http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/194057.html,
    >
    > saying for what kinds of problems genetic algorithms work well.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Axel

    Axel,

    Thanks for the link.