Geocities opinions

Keith

Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm looking for a
web host for a personal web site based in the US

Thanks

Els

Keith said:
Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm
looking for a web host for a personal web site based in the
US

As far as I know Geocities make your site have ugly ads on them.
If you don't need PHP and other special stuff, go for the free
version on affordablehost.com. No ads.

Keith

Thanks, I'm willing to pay not to get the ads.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Richard

Els said:
Keith wrote:
As far as I know Geocities make your site have ugly ads on them.
If you don't need PHP and other special stuff, go for the free
version on affordablehost.com. No ads.

They do host sites as any other hosts do.
But for $8.95/month and only 25mb, one can do much better elsewhere.

Lloyd

Keith said:
Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm looking for a
web host for a personal web site based in the US

Thanks
dot5hosting is $5/mo, has all the bells and whistles, huge storage, cannot
beat it.
Lloyd

Els

Richard said:
They do host sites as any other hosts do.
But for $8.95/month and only 25mb, one can do much better
elsewhere.

That's /not/ affordablehost you're talking about.

(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm looking for a
web host for a personal web site based in the US

Dunno where it is .... and I don't know enought technical-wise to care... but
I've been doing a site on www.discount-hosting.com for about a month now.

50 megs, PHP, Sql-Whatever....no support whatsoever...$10 per year, no
advertisements, nothing strange - except that you have to point everything
assoicated with your domain to your account at that site.

I've got my personal stuff on www.affordablehost.com. 50 megs, no charge
whatsoever, no advertisements....and I *think* it's in the USA. I can upgrade
my account to something like 200 megs with PHP and SQL-whatever for $60 per
year. The advangage of affordablehost is that I don't have to point all of my
domain at it - only the web stuff...which lets me continue using Cotse.net for
email.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Richard ([email protected]) feverishly typed...
They do host sites as any other hosts do.
But for $8.95/month and only 25mb, one can do much better elsewhere.

You really have gone from a "clueless shit" to a "lying bastard", haven't
you?

Their (Affordable Host's) first "pay for" package is 100Mb (by the way,
small "m" is "milli", as in "one thousandth of", as opposed to large "M"
which is "mega", as in "one thousand of") and 1Gb/month bandwidth, which is
$35.95/year, or $2.99/month. They also do a package where you don't pay
*anything* where you get 50Mb and 500Mb/month bandwidth. Pretty damned good
deal! The first option includes PHP, the second doesn't. If you want MySQL
as well, go for their third option, which also features 200Mb of space and
5Gb bandwidth for only $5.95/month. If you want to go for $1 less than what
you stated, you actually get 300Mb space, 10Gb bandwidth and 3 MySQL
databases, as opposed to the 25 Meg you quoted.

Please note that I am *not* an employee of Affordable Host. I am a very
satisfied customer of several years, and happily host my site, and my
clients sites, on their servers.

You have gone beyond "slightly amusing" and are now in the realms of
"fucking idiot". Please stop posting your idiotic nonsense, as new people
might not realise how little you actually know and take you seriously.

Cheers,
Nige

Neal

While the city slept, Richard ([email protected]) feverishly typed...

You really have gone from a "clueless shit" to a "lying bastard", haven't
you?

I thought he was talking about Geocities. Numbers seem to match. I think
he's just a sloppy trimmer, not a malevolent liar.

rf

Neal said:
I thought he was talking about Geocities. Numbers seem to match. I think
he's just a sloppy trimmer, not a malevolent liar.

You are new here Neal.

He's a fucking idiot and now he is a self confessed theif.

Search the archives for the words "richard the stupid" or "bullis".

Neal

rf said:
You are new here Neal.

He's a fucking idiot and now he is a self confessed theif.

Search the archives for the words "richard the stupid" or "bullis".

Oh, is he the same guy?

Well, I still think he's just challenged. If he's a troll he does quite
well. There are a few posters I encounter who never quite get the simplest
things.

rf

Neal said:
Oh, is he the same guy?

Yep.

Look at the address of the web site he uses. The one on Yahoo that is a
direct copy of Mr D's test site.
Well, I still think he's just challenged. If he's a troll he does quite
well.

Nope. Not a troll. He actually believes the things he writes here (and
elsewhere).
There are a few posters I encounter who never quite get the simplest
things.

I think you meant to say:
"There are few posters I encounter who never quite get the simplest things."

Note the missing 'a' before 'few' :)

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Richard said:
They do host sites as any other hosts do.
But for $8.95/month and only 25mb, one can do much better elsewhere.

We don't have any $8.95 accounts and even our free account comes with more
than 25 mb. Maybe you were referring to Geocities...but you've quoted the
part about affordablehost.

--Tina

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:
Oh, is he the same guy?

Well, I still think he's just challenged. If he's a troll he does quite
well. There are a few posters I encounter who never quite get the simplest
things.
Just do a google for richard bullis