Get a postback from an ActiveX Com obj. on the client to asp.net a

Guest

Hi all,

I want to ensure some security in my asp.net apps.

I wanna know that you is you comsuming my asp.net app.

That's why I'm interested in finding out various ways to solve that problem.
Because my comsumers always are companies and my asp.net product is the only
on the market, then I can demand some security, I think.

The netcard's mac address is one of the best and cheapest way's to guarantee
that you are you. So from an asp.net application the client is consuming I
want some way to ensure that his pc is the only one pc that consumes the
service, unless he has sold his netcard, of course.

I think I heard that you could create an ActiveX component and make him
install it on his computer, thus having installed the .NET Framework v1.x,
and using IE5.x+ something.

Are there other ways to accomplish this?

If not, anyone with some test code how to solve it with ActiveX and postback
code?

TIA

Kenneth P

Guest

Kenneth said:
I wanna know that you is you comsuming my asp.net app.
Have you concidered using certificates for this?

Anders Norås
http:/dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/

Guest

Hi Anders,

I read your blog, saw your article about Cassini Web Server. I've read about
it some years ago at MSDN Magazine. How good is it? Can it serve an Intranet
with 100 users? Or is it only for personal services?

Kenneth P

Guest

Kenneth said:
I read your blog, saw your article about Cassini Web Server. I've read about
it some years ago at MSDN Magazine. How good is it? Can it serve an Intranet
with 100 users? Or is it only for personal services?
The Cassini server is a light weight web sever developed to demonstrate
how to host ASP.NET using the System.Web.Hosting API. Cassini is also
distributed with the Web Matrix development tool to enable users to run
their ASP.NET applications. Visual Studio 2005 uses the Cassini web
server to run ASP.NET applications without the need to deploy them to an
IIS server. Cassini is perfect for this, but I wouldn't recommend using
it in any production environment.

For your 100 user intranet I would suggest that you use Internet
Information Server.

Anders Norås
http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/

Guest