get a word document using HTML H-E-L-P !!! :~(

Guest

I am using Visual Studio.Net 2003
I know how to get a word document using a HyperLink on a web form. I am using form.aspx and form.aspx.vb. Peice of cake to get the word document I want

But how can I retrieve a word document with form.htm or form.html
The <LI> thingie works ok, but the visual presentation is lost. Does HTML have something similar to a hyperlink where I can pull in the formatting and graphics

I tried to use: (I hope you can read this in HTML format
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><script language="VB" runat="server"

dim fs as new FileStream(Server.MapPath("Experience.doc"), FileMode.OpenorCreate
dim objReader as new StreamReader(fs
while objReader.Peek() > -
Response.Write(objReader.ReadLine & "<br>"
end whil
objReader.clos
fs.clos

It doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing..
I am a newbie, what can I say. I scoured the Internet. I poured through ASP.Net in 21 days.
I'm lost and adrift...

H-E-L-P !!

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

I'm not entirely sure what your trying to do - but it looks like your after
some coide to stream a word doc to the client following a form submission.
Apologies if I'm wrong, if not the example below might help you out.

http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET-Code/File-download-using-C-by-MVadivel/

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP
------------------------------------
<blatant plug>
Professional .NET for Java Developers with C#- ISBN: 1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms - ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition - ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP - ISBN:
1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development - ISBN: 1861002092
</blatant plug>
------------------------------------

Transitional//EN"> said:
dim fs as new FileStream(Server.MapPath("Experience.doc"), FileMode.OpenorCreate)
dim objReader as new StreamReader(fs)
while objReader.Peek() > -1
Response.Write(objReader.ReadLine & "<br>")
end while
objReader.close
fs.close

It doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing...
I am a newbie, what can I say. I scoured the Internet. I poured through ASP.Net in 21 days.
I'm lost and adrift....

H-E-L-P !!!

id="lblMessage" runat="server" /></form></body></HTML>

Guest

I have a word document (more or less my resume) I want the visitors to my web page to view, to see my experience and work history, and major accomplishments. I just want them to be able to pull it up with read only access. (I can handle the read only access issue.

I tried to run the script you referred me to. It wouldn't run. I think the problem has to do with the
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %
I think i would have to create a dll, or something. Please keep in mind my only basis for refernece is what I read in ASP.Net in 21 days

Isn't there a cleaner way

Dan Brussee

Would you be adverse to creating an HTML version of your resume? Word
can do a "Save As" to HTML. Then you could just put that page up with
a link to it. It should keep most or all of the formatting when you do
this, unless you have a very old version of Word :)

Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are my god!

Please step away from your chair, and take many, many bows!! (Don't want you to bump your head.

My heart-felt thanks..