Get applications to open a given file (Mac and, or Windows)

riklaunim

Under Linux/Unix I use GIO (pygobject) or gnome-vfs-python to get a
list of installed applications that can open given file (for example
image in graphics software). Is there something that can be used for
MS Windows or Mac OS X?

Tommy Nordgren

Under Linux/Unix I use GIO (pygobject) or gnome-vfs-python to get a
list of installed applications that can open given file (for example
image in graphics software). Is there something that can be used for
MS Windows or Mac OS X?
On mac, there are the modules Carbon.Launch and Carbon.LaunchServices
Maybe you'll find useful items in the PyObjC framework as well