get changed value only

Mike

I have a text box were I can enter in a list of users. I then have a button
that I verify each user. I'm running into an issue, were if I have 3 users
entered in the textbox and user #3 is invalid, I then have to re-enter the
correct ID, when I hit my
validate user button, it validates all the users in the textbox again. Is
there a way not to validate the valid users and only get the changed value
and validate that?

so for example:

textbox:
domain\user1;domain\user2;[email protected];domain\12344 - this is the
invalid user

so when domain\1234 is invalid I then need to re-enter a new id for that
person and validate only that person but my textbox will still look like:
domain\user1;domain\user2;[email protected];domain\12345

is there a way to grab the changed username and validate that one only so
all the username are validated again?
I'm asking because if domain\user1 is valid, I'm then showing his full name
and I can't validate the user off of their full name.
or do I have to add logic in my code to check if the name exist in the
textbox and if so don't validate it.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can store the valid values as you go back to the server and ignore them
when you parse out the textbox the second time.

A better design would be to dynamically add textboxes with values so you
could have an easy visual indicator which one was not valid. You could then
only grab the invalid ones, as you would have "marked" which were invalid
(in ViewState perhaps).

Mike

I'm trying that now in a ViewState variable ,Though its keeping only the
valid users its bombing when I try to add them to my db due to its showing
the valid users several times