get checksum from file

lam91

I have a mySQL database that I would like to be able to use a form to
upload the information about a file (name, size, checksum) without having
to upload the file itself to the server.

Does anyone have any ideas.

I would be happy with either md5 or crc32

mike

Not really a javascript problem. You will have to use a server side
scripting language such as PHP.

I would call a script on your sever by accessing a URL with the
embedded data, e.g.
http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/add_file_info.php?name=harry.jpg&size=4056&checksum=34587634587634

If would also recommend adding a password for the script.

e.g.
http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/a...hecksum=34587634587634&password=4563456346456

(encrypt the password with md5 or whatever before sending of course).

A server side script (e.g. PHP) would use $_GET['name'],
$_GET['password'] etc... and then use database calls to add the data to
the database.

Note the password is almost certainly required to stop others adding
their own data!

Hope that helps,
Thanks,
Mike Youell.