    to upload the file itself to the server.

    Does anyone have any ideas.

    I would be happy with either md5 or crc32
    lam91, Apr 6, 2006

  2. lam91

    Guest

    Not really a javascript problem. You will have to use a server side
    scripting language such as PHP.

    I would call a script on your sever by accessing a URL with the
    embedded data, e.g.
    http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/add_file_info.php?name=harry.jpg&size=4056&checksum=34587634587634

    If would also recommend adding a password for the script.

    e.g.
    http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/a...hecksum=34587634587634&password=4563456346456

    (encrypt the password with md5 or whatever before sending of course).

    A server side script (e.g. PHP) would use $_GET['name'],
    $_GET['password'] etc... and then use database calls to add the data to
    the database.

    Note the password is almost certainly required to stop others adding
    their own data!

    Hope that helps,
    Thanks,
    Mike Youell.