    user clicks "OK" it will be posted to my PHP script.

    Any ideas, link's, tip are most welcome!

    Thank's!
    Mats, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Mats

    Randy Webb Guest

    Mats wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I would like to get a web client's IP where the client is behind a firewall.
    > I googled but hasn't found any solution with javascript that work's.

    Thats because there is no solution to obtaining the IP address via
    Javascript.

    > There seems to be a java applet that can do this, but i would like the applet
    > to put it into a "hidden" tag or into a textbox on the HTML page, so when the
    > user clicks "OK" it will be posted to my PHP script.

    And why do you think you need my IP Address? It's worthless to you as it
    changes at least 3 times a day.

    > Any ideas, link's, tip are most welcome!

    Stop trying to determine something that doesn't matter to begin with.

    > Thank's!

    Welcome.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Mats

    Lee Guest

    Mats said:

    >Hi!
    >
    >I would like to get a web client's IP where the client is behind a firewall.

    Why would you possibly want that?
    Why not look for a script to determine their shoe size?
    Lee, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Mats

    Mats Guest

    "Randy Webb" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Mats wrote:
    >
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I would like to get a web client's IP where the client is behind a

    firewall.
    > > I googled but hasn't found any solution with javascript that work's.

    > Thats because there is no solution to obtaining the IP address via
    > Javascript.
    >
    > > There seems to be a java applet that can do this, but i would like the

    applet
    > > to put it into a "hidden" tag or into a textbox on the HTML page, so

    when the
    > > user clicks "OK" it will be posted to my PHP script.

    > And why do you think you need my IP Address? It's worthless to you as it
    > changes at least 3 times a day.

    I don't need your IP, i need the IP of the machines of the sites where i
    work. I'm about doing an inventory of IP adresses. I thought it would save a
    lot of work if i could email a link to a webpage where everybody could fill
    in their name/location/section and press submit and all went nicely into a
    database. It's too complicated for many users to have to find out their own
    IP (this involves about 200 users).

    This works fine however on our local and normally routed net's because we
    don't have a firewall between them and i can use PHP's
    $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], however som offices are linked up to us by VPN and
    ADSL through the internet and then i only get their dynamic IP from the
    outside of their firewall.

    Mats, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Mats

    Fred Oz Guest

    > I don't need your IP, i need the IP of the machines of the sites where i
    > work. I'm about doing an inventory of IP adresses. I thought it would save a

    Your best bet is to send you users instructions on where to get the IP
    address from (it's really not very hard) or install a small app on each
    machine that reports the IP address (like where I work). The reason the
    sys admins want it is to get remote access the PC - they ring up, ask me
    to run the app (it's in the system tray), I tell them the address, they
    use it to log in, I click a "yes, allow this user access" dialog, and
    they do their thing.

    JavaScript can't help.

    Fred
    Fred Oz, Sep 26, 2004