get filesize using javascript

trapman

I there!

I would like to know if there is anyway to get the filesize of one
particular file in the local filesystem.
I heard about a solution using ActiveX but obviously it only works in
IE.

Thnks a lot ,

Sérgio Silva

Randy Webb

trapman said the following on 4/19/2006 4:21 PM:
I there!

I would like to know if there is anyway to get the filesize of one
particular file in the local filesystem.
No.

I heard about a solution using ActiveX but obviously it only works in
IE.

More specifically, IE for Windows, and then it only "works" if the user
allows full access to the File System.

Otherwise, ask the user:

var fileSize = prompt('What size is file ABC.EFG?','FileSize');

trapman

Well asking the user isn't an option.

Even with IE 6 i need to have the server url on the trusted sites. I
believe that the default internet zone is actually not allowing
creation of ActiveX objects :/

Thnks a lot though!

Randy Webb

trapman said the following on 4/19/2006 4:40 PM:
Well asking the user isn't an option.

Why? Is it some file the user wouldn't want you looking at?
Even with IE 6 i need to have the server url on the trusted sites.

Ummm, ok.

I believe that the default internet zone is actually not allowing
creation of ActiveX objects :/

No, it doesn't. It prompts for the use of ActiveX