Get Function to Run after Page Loaded on Client

ree321

Is there a way to get an ASP.net Function to run after the page has
been loaded onto the client

I need to run a function that will fetch the folder sizes of a whole
drive. As you could guess this takes so long. So I want it to run
after the page has been rendered to the client. As I was planning on
using AJAX support (from Anthem.net) to update the page as the folder
size function was running.

I have tried running this in Page_Unload but its still waits for the
Foldersize function to finish before rendering the page on to the
client. Then I tried running the FolderSize function as a web service
but it still waits for the web service to return a value before
rendering the page to the user.

Is there a way to achieve this? and is there a term for this scenario,
so I can search about it on the internet.

Shawn

You could start a new thread that calculates the folder size.
http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2002_11/magazine/features/chester/

Shawn