Get info from another document

qwweeeit

Hi all,
from an html embedding a javascript routine, is it possible to
get infos like URL., links etc... from another document,
open for example, in another window or frame?
I must have read somewhere that every info accessible to the browser
is also accessible to javascript.
Is that right? How can I get the URL present in the browser's URL box?
Having to operate in the client side, how can I get URL of an HTML
document without embedding "document.URL"?
Is there some mean to collect this information, saving it somewhere
and recovering afterwards?
Bye.