Get list of all IP addresses

svirdi

I have been trying to get all ip addresses from all interfaces, with
the code listed below.
However, all I get is the 1st IP only. I have configured 2 IPs on a
single interface, I want to get both from my c++ code.
thanks
svirdi

#include <unistd.h>
#include <stropts.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
//#include <sys/sockio.h>

int main(int argn,char** argv)
{
int sock,n;
struct ifreq *ifr;
struct ifconf ifc;
char buf[1024],addres[16];
unsigned char* adr;

sock = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP);
// sock = socket(2, 2, 0);
printf("sock=%d\n", sock);

if (sock == -1)
{
printf("There is trouble of sock!! Exiting\n\n");
return 0;
}

ifc.ifc_buf = buf;
//ifc.ifc_len = 1024;

int retVal = ioctl(sock, SIOCGIFCONF, &ifc);
printf("retval ioctl(sock, SIOCGIFCONF, &ifc)=%d\n\n", retVal);

if (retVal < 0)
{
printf("There is trouble with ioctl\n\n");
close (sock);
return 0;
}

n = ifc.ifc_len/sizeof(struct ifreq);

for (ifr = ifc.ifc_req; n > 0; n--, ifr++)
{
int rval = ioctl( sock, SIOCGIFADDR, ifr);
printf(" ioctl( sock, SIOCGIFADDR, ifr) rval = %d\n",
rval);

if (ifr->ifr_addr.sa_family == AF_INET ||
ifr->ifr_addr.sa_family == AF_INET6)
{
adr = reinterpret_cast<unsigned
char*>(ifr->ifr_ifru.ifru_addr.sa_data+2);

snprintf(addres,16,"%i.%i.%i.%i",adr[0],adr[1],adr[2],adr[3]);
printf("%s = %s\n",ifr->ifr_name,addres);
close(sock);
return 0;

Victor Bazarov

svirdi said:
I have been trying to get all ip addresses from all interfaces, with
the code listed below.
However, all I get is the 1st IP only. I have configured 2 IPs on a
single interface, I want to get both from my c++ code.
[..]

We cannot help you with that. Whatever mechanism you use to get all
IP addresses, it has nothing to do with C++. Neither the language nor
the library has any means for Internet communication, it is all done
using the functionality provided by your OS. Ask in the OS newsgroup.

Default User

svirdi said:
I have been trying to get all ip addresses from all interfaces, with
the code listed below.
However, all I get is the 1st IP only. I have configured 2 IPs on a
single interface, I want to get both from my c++ code.
thanks
svirdi

#include <unistd.h>
#include <stropts.h>