get memory percent usage info

Ken

hi,

how to get a Perl program memory percent usage information within the
program itself, so that I can write that info to the stand out?

Spiros Denaxas

hi,

how to get a Perl program memory percent usage information within the
program itself, so that I can write that info to the stand out?

Hi,

If you are after the memory size of individual data structures, you
can use Devel::Size , found at http://search.cpan.org/~tels/Devel-Size-0.69/lib/Devel/Size.pm
.. If however you are after the memory footprint of the entire Perl
script, you would probably want to use Proc::proccessTable, found at
http://search.cpan.org/~durist/Proc-ProcessTable-0.41/ProcessTable.pm.
This effective will return you a UNIX process table with all the
relevant information. You could locate your script easily by searching
for the PID in the table ( $$ ).

Hope this helps,
Spiros