    mod_perl is there any test script I can run

    thanks in advance

    Alexandre Jaquet

    Alexandre Jaquet, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Alexandre Jaquet

    peter pilsl Guest

    Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for the to get the maximum memory usage autorized for
    > mod_perl is there any test script I can run

    please clarify.

    The amount of memory that a mod_perl-application can allocate in apache
    is limited by your operating systems memory and settings.

    You can take a look at you apache-processes and its mem-behaviour with
    your standard monitoring tools (like ps under *nix).

    But you can easily write a mod_perl-script that allocates as much memory
    as you want on startup by simply creating a big datastructure or loading
    the content of a file in memory.

    best,
    peter

    --
    http://www.goldfisch.at/know_list

    peter pilsl, Apr 11, 2005

  3. peter pilsl a écrit :
    > Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm looking for the to get the maximum memory usage autorized for
    >> mod_perl is there any test script I can run
    >>

    > please clarify.
    >
    > The amount of memory that a mod_perl-application can allocate in apache
    > is limited by your operating systems memory and settings.
    >
    > You can take a look at you apache-processes and its mem-behaviour with
    > your standard monitoring tools (like ps under *nix).
    >
    > But you can easily write a mod_perl-script that allocates as much memory
    > as you want on startup by simply creating a big datastructure or loading
    > the content of a file in memory.
    >
    > best,
    > peter

    in fact my questions was :

    "how can /where can I settup mod_perl memory usage ?"
    "where may I can found default settings ?"
    "how much memory perl is allowed to use"

    thans for your help :)

    Alexandre Jaquet, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Alexandre Jaquet

    peter pilsl Guest

    Alexandre Jaquet wrote:

    > "how can /where can I settup mod_perl memory usage ?"
    > "where may I can found default settings ?"
    > "how much memory perl is allowed to use"

    Please correct me if I'm wrong but imho there is no way to setup
    mod_perl memory usage from outside. When I wrote memleaking
    mod_perl-scripts there was obviously no limit catching in.
    Like in normal perl, its up to the programmer to take care how much mem
    its programm will take.

    so the answers to your question by my experience, but not by my
    knowledge are:

    you cant
    there are none
    all your system gives you

    best,
    peter

    --
    http://www.goldfisch.at/know_list

    peter pilsl, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Alexandre Jaquet

    J. Gleixner Guest

    peter pilsl wrote:
    > Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    >

    >> "how can /where can I settup mod_perl memory usage ?"
    >> "where may I can found default settings ?"
    >> "how much memory perl is allowed to use"
    >>

    > Please correct me if I'm wrong but imho there is no way to setup
    > mod_perl memory usage from outside. When I wrote memleaking
    > mod_perl-scripts there was obviously no limit catching in.
    > Like in normal perl, its up to the programmer to take care how much mem
    > its programm will take.
    >
    > so the answers to your question by my experience, but not by my
    > knowledge are:
    >
    > you cant
    > there are none
    > all your system gives you
    >
    > best,
    > peter

    Correct, however to not allow memory usage to get above some limit there
    are two modules that'll help: Apache::GTopLimit and Apache::SizeLimit.

    There is a lot of documentation about mod_perl at: http://perl.apache.org/

    J. Gleixner, Apr 11, 2005
  6. J. Gleixner a écrit :
    > peter pilsl wrote:
    >
    >> Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
    >>

    >>> "how can /where can I settup mod_perl memory usage ?"
    >>> "where may I can found default settings ?"
    >>> "how much memory perl is allowed to use"
    >>>

    >> Please correct me if I'm wrong but imho there is no way to setup
    >> mod_perl memory usage from outside. When I wrote memleaking
    >> mod_perl-scripts there was obviously no limit catching in.
    >> Like in normal perl, its up to the programmer to take care how much
    >> mem its programm will take.
    >>
    >> so the answers to your question by my experience, but not by my
    >> knowledge are:
    >>
    >> you cant
    >> there are none
    >> all your system gives you
    >>
    >> best,
    >> peter
    >>

    > Correct, however to not allow memory usage to get above some limit there
    > are two modules that'll help: Apache::GTopLimit and Apache::SizeLimit.
    >
    > There is a lot of documentation about mod_perl at: http://perl.apache.org/

    ok thanks :)

    Alexandre Jaquet, Apr 12, 2005