Get nasty security message using EMBED in html

Angus

Hello

I want users to my web site to start and stop an audio track. I tried
this sort of approach:

<EMBED SRC="audiotrack.mp3" WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="45"
AUTOSTART="FALSE"></EMBED>

but on Windows Vista with IE7 I get one of those ... to protect your
computer... security messages.

I want to allow user to start and stop track but without any security
prompt. How can I do this?

Angus

Mike Duffy

Hello

I want users to my web site to start and stop an audio track. I tried
this sort of approach:

<EMBED SRC="audiotrack.mp3" WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="45"
AUTOSTART="FALSE"></EMBED>

but on Windows Vista with IE7 I get one of those ... to protect your
computer... security messages.

1) This is actually a question about HTML, not javascript. That is why I am
cross-posting to "alt.html" as well as requesting follow-ups there instead.

2) Go to the link below for a sample of the code that works for me. Let us
know if it works with standard IE7 security settings. (I cannot remember if
I have changed mine.)

The code I have provided is a "hodgepodge" of code supported by the two
leading browsers (IE7 & FF3). They are the only ones I have tested it
against. Also, a lot of people will add something to give the user a chance
to force it to play if the code in my link does not work, such as:

href="http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/audio/haveyoueverseentherain.mid"
type="audio/x-midi">here</a> to hear it.</p>