    I want to allow user to start and stop track but without any security
    prompt. How can I do this?

    Angus
    Angus, Mar 30, 2009

  2. Angus

    Mike Duffy Guest

    Angus <> wrote in news:1887bbaa-ae22-403c-971a-
    :

    > Hello
    >
    > I want users to my web site to start and stop an audio track. I tried
    > this sort of approach:
    >
    > <EMBED SRC="audiotrack.mp3" WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="45"
    > AUTOSTART="FALSE"></EMBED>
    >
    > but on Windows Vista with IE7 I get one of those ... to protect your
    > computer... security messages.

    1) This is actually a question about HTML, not javascript. That is why I am
    cross-posting to "alt.html" as well as requesting follow-ups there instead.

    2) Go to the link below for a sample of the code that works for me. Let us
    know if it works with standard IE7 security settings. (I cannot remember if
    I have changed mine.)

    The code I have provided is a "hodgepodge" of code supported by the two
    leading browsers (IE7 & FF3). They are the only ones I have tested it
    against. Also, a lot of people will add something to give the user a chance
    to force it to play if the code in my link does not work, such as:

    href="http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/audio/haveyoueverseentherain.mid"
    type="audio/x-midi">here</a> to hear it.</p>

    --

    http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/test.htm
    Mike Duffy, Mar 31, 2009