Get password Or no echo

ruby talk

I looked at the IOConsole.tar that was posted last time, I don't think
i can change every computer I would want to use this on. I have tried
to come up with code in ruby that i could just include, but it looks
like the get calls are limiting me. Is there any one that knows ruby
well enough to produce ruby code to not output what a user types, or
to mask it with * like a password field?

Make this a ruby quiz!!

Thank you :)
Becker

Ara.T.Howard

I looked at the IOConsole.tar that was posted last time, I don't think
i can change every computer I would want to use this on. I have tried
to come up with code in ruby that i could just include, but it looks
like the get calls are limiting me. Is there any one that knows ruby
well enough to produce ruby code to not output what a user types, or
to mask it with * like a password field?

Make this a ruby quiz!!

Thank you :)
Becker

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-password/

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
| bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki

ruby talk

sorry, cant get termios.h to be found on my windows system. Is this
file linux only?
Becker

I looked at the IOConsole.tar that was posted last time, I don't think
i can change every computer I would want to use this on. I have tried
to come up with code in ruby that i could just include, but it looks
like the get calls are limiting me. Is there any one that knows ruby
well enough to produce ruby code to not output what a user types, or
to mask it with * like a password field?

Make this a ruby quiz!!

Thank you :)
Becker

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-password/

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
| bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki

Ara.T.Howard

sorry, cant get termios.h to be found on my windows system. Is this
file linux only?
Becker

probably - as far as i know that is no portable way to manipulate the terminal
- hopefully i am wrong

-a
I looked at the IOConsole.tar that was posted last time, I don't think
i can change every computer I would want to use this on. I have tried
to come up with code in ruby that i could just include, but it looks
like the get calls are limiting me. Is there any one that knows ruby
well enough to produce ruby code to not output what a user types, or
to mask it with * like a password field?

Make this a ruby quiz!!

Thank you :)
Becker

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-password/

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
| bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
| bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki

Paul

ruby talk said:
sorry, cant get termios.h to be found on my windows system. Is this
file linux only?
Becker

try this for windows: (im sure I got some of this code from this list,
so thanks to whoever posted it originaly)

require 'Win32API'

kbhit = Win32API.new("crtdll", "_kbhit", [], 'L')
getch = Win32API.new("crtdll", "_getch", [], 'L')

while (1)
a = getch.Call if kbhit.Call != 0
if a
print '*'