    Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
    wondering...

    , Jun 7, 2007

  2. -Lost Guest

    wrote:
    > Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
    > wondering...

    document.referrer

    Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

    -Lost, Jun 7, 2007

    On Jun 7, 9:48 am, -Lost <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
    > > wondering...

    > document.referrer
    >
    > Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.
    >
    > --
    > -Lost
    > kidding. No I am not.

    Well, isn't it amazing? JavaScript becomes my favorite language.

    , Jun 7, 2007

    On Jun 7, 10:15 am, wrote:
    > On Jun 7, 9:48 am, -Lost <> wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > > > Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
    > > > wondering...

    > > document.referrer

    > > Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

    > > --
    > > -Lost
    > > Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
    > > kidding. No I am not.

    > Well, isn't it amazing? JavaScript becomes my favorite language.

    since I mentioned that, how about IP address? Perhaps I should make my
    stat app use JS instead of ASP?

    , Jun 7, 2007
  5. -Lost Guest

    wrote:
    > On Jun 7, 10:15 am, wrote:

    >>> document.referrer
    >>> Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

    >> Well, isn't it amazing? JavaScript becomes my favorite language.

    > since I mentioned that, how about IP address? Perhaps I should make my
    > stat app use JS instead of ASP?

    Stop quoting signatures and I'll tell you.

    OK, I will tell you anyway.

    It was actually best said by Lee, almost exactly two years ago.

    "var IP = prompt('What is your IP address?');

    Otherwise, no."

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

    -Lost, Jun 7, 2007
  6. Rik Guest

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:48:57 +0200, -Lost <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
    >> wondering...

    > document.referrer
    >
    > Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

    How so?
    --
    Rik Wasmus

    Rik, Jun 7, 2007
  7. -Lost Guest

    Rik wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:48:57 +0200, -Lost
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
    >>> wondering...

    >> document.referrer
    >>
    >> Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

    > How so?

    Because the PHP gods that be opted for the misspelled version defined in
    the HTTP standard, instead of just spelling it right to avoid further
    confusion.

    Granted, all languages that I know of do it this way as it has become
    sort of an industry standard.

    But if JavaScript could get it right, dammit, then so could PHP.

    Hi, by the way! Long time no see/speak. :)

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

    -Lost, Jun 7, 2007
  8. Rik Guest

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:35:00 +0200, -Lost <>
    wrote:

    > Rik wrote:
    >> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:48:57 +0200, -Lost
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> document.referrer
    >>>
    >>> Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

    >> How so?

    > Because the PHP gods that be opted for the misspelled version defined in
    > the HTTP standard, instead of just spelling it right to avoid further
    > confusion.
    >
    > Granted, all languages that I know of do it this way as it has become
    > sort of an industry standard.

    It's terribly frustrating indeed to work with a misspelling, but as it is
    an 'industry standard', and the HTTP header actually sais it, IMHO it's
    better not to 'guess' what header actually was meant, but just provide an
    interface to the actual raw headers

    > But if JavaScript could get it right, dammit, then so could PHP.

    Javript seldom handles requests, PHP does it all the time...

    > Hi, by the way! Long time no see/speak. :)

    Yup, been busy making up for lost time due to a fun hospital visit, so a
    lot less usenet trips for me lately :(
    --
    Rik Wasmus

    Rik, Jun 16, 2007