GET request in Google

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Riccardo, Apr 10, 2009.

  1. Riccardo

    Riccardo Guest

    I did test ( by Firefox 3.0.8 and IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3) typing on
    Google site the string
    "squid cache" and I took the first link shown on result page as test:

    Squid Web Proxy Cache (www.squid-cache.org)

    I captured traffic before clicking on link and I noted the first GET
    has 2 different contents if I compare
    Firefox vs IE browsers

    Firefox 3.0.8

    GET
    http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&sourc...pGJn4JTxudkaMMLoA&sig2=p8Un5ixt_WDonYPA7rULXQ
    HTTP/1.1\r\n

    IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3

    GET
    http://www.google.it/url?sa=T&sourc...f6ALYHz-Ab2woGSCQ&sig2=p36E8TpZK7pGCTl-8xPvMA
    HTTP/1.1\r\n

    I should be very happy if someone could give me explanations about
    these questions:

    1- Why doesn't GET ask immediately "www.squid-cache.org" page instead
    of direct attention to "www.google.it" ?
    2- Why does Firefox GET content is longer than IE GET content ?
    3- Why both GET contents are so different if site request is the
    same ?
    4- Can someone explain me meaning of parameters (divided by "&"
    symbol) which are passed to GET ?
    Riccardo, Apr 10, 2009

  2. Riccardo

    rf Guest

    Riccardo wrote:
    > I did test ( by Firefox 3.0.8 and IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3) typing on
    > Google site the string
    > "squid cache" and I took the first link shown on result page as test:
    >
    > Squid Web Proxy Cache (www.squid-cache.org)
    >
    > I captured traffic before clicking on link and I noted the first GET
    > has 2 different contents if I compare
    > Firefox vs IE browsers
    >

    > Firefox 3.0.8
    >
    > GET
    > http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&sourc...pGJn4JTxudkaMMLoA&sig2=p8Un5ixt_WDonYPA7rULXQ
    > HTTP/1.1\r\n
    >

    > IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3
    >
    > GET
    > http://www.google.it/url?sa=T&sourc...f6ALYHz-Ab2woGSCQ&sig2=p36E8TpZK7pGCTl-8xPvMA
    > HTTP/1.1\r\n
    >

    > I should be very happy if someone could give me explanations about
    > these questions:
    >
    > 1- Why doesn't GET ask immediately "www.squid-cache.org" page instead
    > of direct attention to "www.google.it" ?

    Google likes to count how many times one of its lines is used. This is to do
    with page rank.

    > 2- Why does Firefox GET content is longer than IE GET content ?

    Ask google.

    > 3- Why both GET contents are so different if site request is the
    > same ?

    Ask google.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Apr 10, 2009

  3. Riccardo

    Riccardo Guest

    On 11 Apr, 00:28, "rf" <> wrote:
    > Riccardo wrote:
    > > I did test ( by Firefox 3.0.8 and IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3) typing on
    > > Google site the string
    > > "squid cache" and I took the first link shown on result page as test:

    > > Squid Web Proxy Cache (www.squid-cache.org)

    > > I captured traffic before clicking on link and I noted the first GET
    > > has 2 different contents if I compare
    > > Firefox vs IE browsers

    > > Firefox 3.0.8

    > > GET
    > >http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=&cd=1&url=http://ww...
    > > HTTP/1.1\r\n

    > > IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3

    > > GET
    > >http://www.google.it/url?sa=T&source=web&ct=&cd=1&url=http://ww...
    > > HTTP/1.1\r\n

    > > I should be very happy if someone could give me explanations about
    > > these questions:

    > > 1- Why doesn't GET ask immediately "www.squid-cache.org" page instead
    > > of direct attention to "www.google.it" ?

    > Google likes to count how many times one of its lines is used. This is to do
    > with page rank.
    >
    > > 2- Why does Firefox GET content is longer than IE GET content ?

    > Ask google.
    >
    > > 3- Why both GET contents are so different if site request is the
    > > same ?

    > Ask google.
    >
    > > 4- Can someone explain me meaning of parameters (divided by "&"
    > > symbol) which are passed to GET ?

    > Ask google.
    >
    > --
    > Richard.