Get Rid Of Tkinter Canvas Border

Martin

I'm using Python 2.3.3 on Win XP Pro. My program places a Canvas
object on a parent Frame. The backgound color of both is set to
'white' and both have borderwidth set to zero. The Canvas is smaller
than the Frame it is inside of.

For some reason there is always tiny (one pixel?) grey border drawn
around the boundaries of the Canvas object. I tried setting relief to
both SOLID and FLAT on the Canvas object, but that does not get rid of
the thin grey border.

I suspect this is a bug, but even so, anybody know of a workaround?
Surely I'm not the first preson to encounter this issue. I found one
old newsgroup reference cica March 2001, but there was only one
message and no one responded...

TIA,
-Martin

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rgen_Cederberg?=

Martin said:
I'm using Python 2.3.3 on Win XP Pro. My program places a Canvas
object on a parent Frame. The backgound color of both is set to
'white' and both have borderwidth set to zero. The Canvas is smaller
than the Frame it is inside of.

For some reason there is always tiny (one pixel?) grey border drawn
around the boundaries of the Canvas object. I tried setting relief to
both SOLID and FLAT on the Canvas object, but that does not get rid of
the thin grey border.

I suspect this is a bug, but even so, anybody know of a workaround?
Surely I'm not the first preson to encounter this issue. I found one
old newsgroup reference cica March 2001, but there was only one
message and no one responded...

set highlightthickness to 0 (zero)

Tkinter resources:
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/lang/python/tkinter.html