get session idle time?

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Smokey,

Hmm, not sure that's possible. Why do u need this info?

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

SG> is there any way to get how long a session has been idle? thanks!

Aidy

Sure;

int idleTime = 0;

:)

The instant you request a page to run code your session is no longer idle.

Smokey Grindle

its for a web service... i want to return a list of people logged into it
but not actively using it

Smokey Grindle

thats a good idea, thanks!

Michael Nemtsev said:
Hello Smokey,

Everything that comes to my mind is to write the time mark for the each
request to WS and then calculating idle by checking this time with the
session timeout

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP]. My blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

SG> its for a web service... i want to return a list of people logged
SG> into it but not actively using it

Hello Smokey,

Hmm, not sure that's possible. Why do u need this info?

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP]. My blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c)
Michelangelo