Get some values from Form Elements and save the result to file

Mel

On the SERVER SIDE, I need to get some values from form Elements and
save the values into a file.

Is this possible using Javascipt ?

any exmple is highly appreciated

liamgegan

You'll be wnating comp.lang.php, comp.lang.net, comp.lang.jsp, or - as
I see from your profile - comp.lang.tcl.

Unless you want to do so using AJAX...?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

You'll be wnating comp.lang.php,

The OP was asking about "Javascipt".
comp.lang.net, comp.lang.jsp, or

There are no such groups.
- as I see from your profile - comp.lang.tcl.

Unless you want to do so using AJAX...?

Please don't post when you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Mel said:
On the SERVER SIDE, I need to get some values from form Elements and
save the values into a file.

Is this possible using Javascipt ?

Probably yes. For example, it is possible using JScript in ASP on IIS, see
below.
any exmple is highly appreciated

Consider

<form action="foo.asp" method="post">
<input name="bar">
<input type="submit">
</form>

submitted to this foo.asp resource:

<%@ LANGUAGE = "JScript" %>
/* see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms525153.aspx */

/* see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms524716.aspx */
var foo = Request.Form("bar");

/* see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/czxefwt8(VS.85).aspx */
var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
var tf = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\\testfile.txt", true);
tf.Write(foo);
tf.Close();

HTH

PointedEars