    window on an IE window but I don't see how to do it.
    I was trying also watir using document object... but no success.

    Any idea?

    Mario Ruiz, Mar 23, 2011

  2. On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Mario Ruiz <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to use win32api to get the displayed text on a flex app popup
    > window on an IE window but I don't see how to do it.
    > I was trying also watir using document object... but no success.
    >
    > Any idea?

    I'd be interested in doing that, too; however, I think it's impossible
    without an optical character recognition library. Flash and Flex don't
    go through the Windows API to store or draw their text, so there's no
    foolproof way to get at it. There are a few open-source OCR libraries
    (e.g. GOCR, Tesseract/OCRopus), but in my experience they aren't very
    accurate on text produced by Flash.
    Eric Christopherson, Mar 23, 2011

  3. Mario Ruiz

    Brian Jolly Guest

    Do you have access to modify the flex app?

    If so maybe something like melomel or plain old external interface
    would work for you.

    http://melomel.info/

    Brian Jolly, Mar 23, 2011