Get the datafield of a column in datagrid

et

How can I programmatically retrieve the name of the datafield of a datagrid
column, while in the Datagrid1_UpdateCommand event.

Eliyahu Goldin

For bound non-autogenerated columns you can use property DataField.
Autogenerated columns don't get into Columns collection. There is still a
way of finding the field name. In ItemCreated event handler get the text
inside every cell of the very first item. That will be the column header
which is the field name for autogenerated columns.

Eliyahu

Rock

For bound non-autogenerated columns you can use property DataField.

Where is this property??? I have tried dg.datafield, dg.columns.datafield,
dg.Columns(1).datafield....

My datagrid does not have autogenerated columns.

Eliyahu Goldin

in c#:

dg.Columns[1].DataField;

provided Columns[1] is a BoundColumn.