get the form element from a frame element

Mr. x

Hello.

I am using frames.
frame_1 is name of frame one.

from the html code I write something like this :
var x = parent.frame_1

x get the frame_1 element, but not as an html element
(Well, I cannot do x.document.somemethod - like x.document.getElementById
.... )

How can I get the element, as an html element ?

Thanks :)

Paul Fuehring

from the html code I write something like this :
var x = parent.frame_1

x get the frame_1 element, but not as an html element
(Well, I cannot do x.document.somemethod - like
x.document.getElementById

You are using JavaScript - why should you get a HTML element?
How can I get the element, as an html element ?

what do you want to do with this element / object ?
maybe you should post some more code..

Paul

Mr. x

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly :
for var x = parnet.frame_1,
I want to use x.document element (x.document doesn't work, but I want to get
with some techniques the document element of "x" element -
main reason for that is for using some methods, such as getElementById
etc...
)

Thanks :)

Paul

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly :
for var x = parnet.frame_1,
I want to use x.document element (x.document doesn't work, but I want to get
with some techniques the document element of "x" element -
main reason for that is for using some methods, such as getElementById
etc...)

hm, but it works..
x=parent.frame_1
x.document.getElementById("test"). ...

just use the x.document and you can access all available functions..

Paul