Get the subnet mask

David Corticchiato

Hi,

Is there another way of getting my subnet mask without parsing
ipconfig/ifconfig ?

David.

Jan Svitok

Hi,

Is there another way of getting my subnet mask without parsing
ipconfig/ifconfig ?

David.

On linux, look somewhere in the /proc

On windows there's some WINAPI for sure, but it could be PITA to go
through all the structures. Or try WMI (through Win32OLE) -- have look
at msdn.

It depends on your needs, but parsing ipconfig is the easiest way (be
sure to take care of localisation, we had problems when we moved from
english to, say italian windows.)

You can guess the netmask from the address class, but most probably
that won't work.

Daniel Berger

David said:
Hi,

Is there another way of getting my subnet mask without parsing
ipconfig/ifconfig ?

David.

There's IPAddr#mask, from the 'ipaddr' library (part of the stdlib).
Does that help?

Regards,

Dan

Shiwei Zhang

Daniel said:
There's IPAddr#mask, from the 'ipaddr' library (part of the stdlib).
Does that help?

Regards,

Dan
IPAddr#mask can't meet this requirement I think.
If the methods for these kinds of requirements (e.g., to get Subnet
Mask, Ip Addr of the local machine) are not available for now, should we
provide them in the near future?