Get UNC From drive letter

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Croney, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Croney

    Croney Guest

    I am trying to copy a file that is selected by the user to
    be a folder on the server.

    PLEASE NOTE:

    1. The file is on a map drive, which is mapped to a folder
    on the same server. Example. The user's folder 'John'.

    2. I am able to get the file information
    ("E:\Photos\Image1.jpg") and can copy the file to the
    folder. ONCE I KNOW THE UNC ("\\headoffice-
    dell\syst\Photos\Image1.jpg" file to copy)

    I would like to be able to get the UNC from the user's
    system, by submitting the drive letter to a function.

    This script is for an Intranet and should be in ASP or
    JavaScript.
    ..
    Croney, Aug 18, 2003