Get value from popup(jsp) to parent(jsp) form

ctbang

I have a JSP page with a form containing 2 text fields (infact there
are many) and I want to add the feature of a help button (instead of
drop down). On clicking the button it should popup a jsp page
displaying records, afer selecting the record and clicking ok the
window should close and populate the corresponding data to the parent
form text fields.

Infact the popup will be calling a controller servler, it will create a
arraylist object in session and forward to a jsp page where the records
are displayed.

Moreover i want to use javascript only, to communicate between the
parent and popup.
I don't want to put the data into session and reload the whole parent.

Any help or idea is appreciable!

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

ctbang said:
[...] On clicking the button it should popup a jsp page
displaying records, afer selecting the record and clicking ok the
window should close and populate the corresponding data to the parent
form text fields.
[...]
Any help or idea is appreciable!

`window.opener' in the popup refers to the "parent" window. See numerous
discussions before.

PointedEars