get version of gcc from within the makefile

just80n

Hi,

I dont know if it is possible, but I would like to be aware of which
version of gcc is beeing used from within my Makefile (under Linux).

Sorry if this was asked before

Grumble

I dont know if it is possible, but I would like to be aware of which
version of gcc is beeing used from within my Makefile (under Linux).

Your question is off-topic in this newsgroup.

You should try and ask on the gcc-help mailing list.
http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html

The following switches might be what you're looking for... or not.

-v
Print (on standard error output) the commands executed to run the
stages of compilation. Also print the version number of the compiler
driver program and of the preprocessor and the compiler proper.

-###
Like -v except the commands are not executed and all command
arguments are quoted. This is useful for shell scripts to capture the
driver-generated command lines.