get vs post

Steve

When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
1st item. Got any ideas?

Jack

David Dorward

Steve said:
When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
1st item. Got any ideas?

Validate? Show us the code? Tell us which version of Netscape?

Augustus

Steve said:
When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
1st item. Got any ideas?

with no url to reference, it would be hard to tell

maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it can
only hold so much content)

Steve Pugh

Steve said:
When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
1st item. Got any ideas?

Which version of Netscape?
What's the URL of your form?

Steve

Mark Parnell

maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it can
only hold so much content)

Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
actual question.

Augustus

Mark Parnell said:
Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
actual question.

he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

Mark Parnell

he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

That's not what I read. He said using post, when he uses IE, he gets
everything, when he uses NS, he only gets the first one. Get wasn't even
mentioned except in the subject.

Hywel Jenkins

he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

Read the OP again ...

Eric Bohlman

When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all
the items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only
get the 1st item. Got any ideas?

The most likely cause is that you've got some error in your HTML that IE
recovers from but Netscape doesn't. Validate the HTML and fix any errors;
if the problem still persists, post a URL here.

Marc Nadeau

Steve a écrit:
When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
1st item. Got any ideas?

Jack

GET and POST are used by the server side scripts, not the browser.
The server returns the same page to any browser.

So you probably have an error in your html code.

Better send a url if you expect a more complete answer.

Whitecrest

Validate? Show us the code? Tell us which version of Netscape?

Now what fun would it be if you had all that information? It is so much
more entertaining to sit here and take wild guesses about what the OP is
talking about.....

Whitecrest

Read the OP again ...

Of course, we could wait for a URL, and see EXACTLY what he was asking
for rather than argue about what cryptic point the OP was trying to get
across.

Jeffrey Silverman

Now what fun would it be if you had all that information? It is so much
more entertaining to sit here and take wild guesses about what the OP is
talking about.....

If he uses a hyperbolic defrgumentulator to form his POST query, then in
IE he only gets the first value and in Netscape he now gets all of them.
But when he defrizzolates with a left-hand chiral GHOST query, he only
gets the second and fourth items in either browser.

Well, at least that's what *my* wild guess suggests is happening. I could
be off a little...

Hywel Jenkins

Of course, we could wait for a URL, and see EXACTLY what he was asking
for rather than argue about what cryptic point the OP was trying to get
across.

Won't our crystal balls be back from their annual check-ups by then?