    items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    1st item. Got any ideas?

    Jack
    Steve, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Steve wrote:

    > When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
    > items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    > 1st item. Got any ideas?

    Validate? Show us the code? Tell us which version of Netscape?

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Steve

    Augustus Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
    > items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    > 1st item. Got any ideas?

    with no url to reference, it would be hard to tell

    maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it can
    only hold so much content)
    Augustus, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Steve

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote:

    >When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
    >items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    >1st item. Got any ideas?

    Which version of Netscape?
    What's the URL of your form?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Steve

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:15:18 -0800, "Augustus"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it can
    > only hold so much content)

    Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
    was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
    actual question.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Steve

    Augustus Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:15:18 -0800, "Augustus"
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    > >
    > > maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it

    can
    > > only hold so much content)

    > Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
    > was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
    > actual question.

    he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
    in using GET he only gets the first item from the page
    Augustus, Feb 16, 2004
  7. Steve

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:43:50 -0800, "Augustus"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
    > in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

    That's not what I read. He said using post, when he uses IE, he gets
    everything, when he uses NS, he only gets the first one. Get wasn't even
    mentioned except in the subject.

    Mark Parnell, Feb 16, 2004
  8. In article <c0rdk5$1a7rt9$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:15:18 -0800, "Augustus"
    > > <> declared in alt.html:
    > > >
    > > > maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it

    > can
    > > > only hold so much content)

    > > Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
    > > was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
    > > actual question.

    > he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
    > in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

    Read the OP again ...

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 16, 2004
  9. Steve

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in

    > When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all
    > the items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only
    > get the 1st item. Got any ideas?

    The most likely cause is that you've got some error in your HTML that IE
    recovers from but Netscape doesn't. Validate the HTML and fix any errors;
    if the problem still persists, post a URL here.
    Eric Bohlman, Feb 16, 2004
  10. Steve

    Marc Nadeau Guest

    Steve a écrit:

    > When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
    > items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    > 1st item. Got any ideas?
    >
    > Jack

    GET and POST are used by the server side scripts, not the browser.
    The server returns the same page to any browser.

    So you probably have an error in your html code.

    Better send a url if you expect a more complete answer.

    --
    mv sco /dev/null
    #
    Marc Nadeau, Feb 17, 2004
  11. Steve

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c0rbun$lqk$1$>,
    says...
    > > When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
    > > items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    > > 1st item. Got any ideas?

    > Validate? Show us the code? Tell us which version of Netscape?

    Now what fun would it be if you had all that information? It is so much
    more entertaining to sit here and take wild guesses about what the OP is
    talking about.....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 17, 2004
  12. Steve

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Read the OP again ...

    Of course, we could wait for a URL, and see EXACTLY what he was asking
    for rather than argue about what cryptic point the OP was trying to get
    across.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 17, 2004
  13. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 05:20:55 -0500, Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article <c0rbun$lqk$1$>,
    > says...
    >> > When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
    >> > items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
    >> > 1st item. Got any ideas?

    >> Validate? Show us the code? Tell us which version of Netscape?

    > Now what fun would it be if you had all that information? It is so much
    > more entertaining to sit here and take wild guesses about what the OP is
    > talking about.....

    If he uses a hyperbolic defrgumentulator to form his POST query, then in
    IE he only gets the first value and in Netscape he now gets all of them.
    But when he defrizzolates with a left-hand chiral GHOST query, he only
    gets the second and fourth items in either browser.

    Well, at least that's what *my* wild guess suggests is happening. I could
    be off a little...

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu
    Website | http://www.wse.jhu.edu/newtnotes/
    Jeffrey Silverman, Feb 17, 2004
  14. In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Read the OP again ...

    > Of course, we could wait for a URL, and see EXACTLY what he was asking
    > for rather than argue about what cryptic point the OP was trying to get
    > across.

    Won't our crystal balls be back from their annual check-ups by then?

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 18, 2004