get_GenericSansSerif - "Can't find font '?'"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chad Sanford, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. Chad Sanford

    Chad Sanford Guest

    I have some server side code that instantiates a font object that is then
    used for generating a chart.

    It has worked great on many machines, but I have run into one where it is
    throwing a System.ArgumentException. From the documentation, that would
    seem to indicate the font is not present, but since I am using generic sans
    serif I have my doubts about that.

    The offending line of code is:

    Dim oFont As New
    System.Drawing.Font(System.Drawing.FontFamily.GenericSansSerif, 6.0)

    The exception's target is the get_GenericSansSerif method.

    The only information I have been able to turn up on this problem is an old
    thread on this newsgroup that concluded that "it was a security issue", but
    no other explanation was provided.

    Anyone know what is going on, and how I might fix it?

    Thanks for any help,

    Chad

    Chad Sanford, Nov 10, 2003