getAppletContext.getApplet doesnt work anymore

claude

I had a html page running with 2 applets which communicated by using
getAppletContext.getApplet(name). This worked perfectly until I got my
new PC (XP and IE 6.0, before it was W2000 and IE5). Now the applets
dont see each other any more and the command returns an error.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thank you
Claude

Andrew Thompson

| I had a html page running with 2 applets ...... Now the applets
| dont see each other any more and the command returns an error.

Noticed something really strange here..
Could not see the applets at all!

| Does anyone have a solution?

Do you have an URL?

Andrew Thompson

| I had a html page running with 2 applets which communicated by using
| getAppletContext.getApplet(name). This worked perfectly until I got my
| new PC (XP and IE 6.0, before it was W2000 and IE5). Now the applets
| dont see each other any more and the command returns an error.

I did not see any errors in the console
using IE 6 on XP with Java 1.4.2
<AT>
| > Do you have an URL?
<claude>
| http://reversi.netfirms.com/wait.html
| A reversi program I wrote should show 2 times.
| I noticed meanwhile that With SUN VM the screen remains blank because
| of the problem reported.
| With Microsoft VM it works fine...

Well.. your information seems all over the
place. Which versions of the VM, exactly,
are you running in each browser?

Have you checked your applet _recently_
using the MS VM*? (I get the impression
it might have been a while ago that you last
saw the applet work?)

If you are 'lucky' enough to have gotten an IE 6
with the MS VM, you can switch back to the
MS VM in the preferences, for testing.

--
Andrew Thompson
* http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT help