getBundle() can find .properties only if it is part of war

Ramkumar Kaleeswaran

Hi,

If I include all the .properties (locale related) files within the war file
then getBundle() works fine. But, if I copy the .properties into the
WEB-INF/classes after the war is extracted, then getBundle() doesn't work -
it throws MissingResourceException.

Can anyone please provide help ?

Thanks,
Ram

Andrea Desole

Ramkumar said:
Hi,

If I include all the .properties (locale related) files within the war file
then getBundle() works fine. But, if I copy the .properties into the
WEB-INF/classes after the war is extracted, then getBundle() doesn't work -
it throws MissingResourceException.

well, this is related to how the class loader of your server works.
What server are you using? Is the war extracted by you or by the server?
And mainly, why would you need to copy the property files into an
unjarred war file?