GetDesignTimeHtml() is never called in ReadWriteControlDesigner

Luciano Bargmann

Hi folks,

Is there any possible workaround for this? Is this by design?

I'm seeking an answer for this question for more than a month now. Finally
found a nice spot to put the blame on.

it is related to a question in this newsgroup (still unanswered) with this
subject:
How to create a designer that behaves like the ASP:pANEL

I am still looking for a workaround here! I will definitelly post any news
on my progress!

Thanks for your time,

Luciano Bargmann

To look at this from another standpoint, is there a way to programatically
add controls to your own panel-like container and make them visible in design
time?

n1patrick

I too have been struggling with this same issue for 2 weeks now. I'm at the
point now where I think I'm going to have to live without the drag and drop
functionality in the designer. I've tried a number of different techniques I
found on the web but nothing seems to work. If anyone is able to create a
simple container control that has the ability to drag and drop controls onto
in the designer please post for us.