Getfolder on the network

damezumari

I use windows 2000, iis 5.

When I run the following program in IE6 I get the screen below.

--- Program:

<%
dim fs,f
set fs=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set f=fs.GetFolder("k:\test\")
Response.Write("The folder was last modified on: ")
Response.Write(f.DateLastModified)
set f=nothing
set fs=nothing
%>

--- Screen:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A004C)
Path not found
/explorerview/test2.asp, line 7

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
..NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Page:
GET /explorerview/test2.asp

Time:
Thursday, May 25, 2006, 12:07:54 PM

More information:
Microsoft Support

---

However, when I change the folder to "C:\test\" everythng works fine.
In general the program seems to work for any folder on my local
machine, but for no folder on the network. I have full access to drive
K.

Regards,

Jan Nordgreen

Bob Barrows [MVP]