    Are there some other unique thing in PC?

    I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)

    I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

    Eddie, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Eddie <> scribbled the following:
    > I will be happy if someone will help me with this:

    > - how to get mainboard serial number
    > - how to get bioos serial number, bios name
    > - how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
    > here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
    > formating it)

    > Are there some other unique thing in PC?

    > I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)

    > I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

    This couldn't have much less to do with the C programming language. I
    think you want to ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

    "'It can be easily shown that' means 'I saw a proof of this once (which I didn't
    understand) which I can no longer remember'."
    - A maths teacher

    Joona I Palaste, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Eddie

    j Guest

    "Eddie" <> wrote in message
    > I will be happy if someone will help me with this:
    >
    > - how to get mainboard serial number
    > - how to get bioos serial number, bios name
    > - how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
    > here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
    > formating it)
    >
    > Are there some other unique thing in PC?
    >
    > I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)
    >
    > I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

    Well, this is possible using standard C but improbable.

    You can use what follows and hope for the best.

    int main(void)
    {
    int x = 10;

    printf("Conjure up mainboard serial number %u\n", ++x + ++x);

    return 0;
    }

    j, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Eddie

    Tim Rentsch Guest

    "j" <> writes:

    > "Eddie" <> wrote in message
    > > I will be happy if someone will help me with this:
    > >
    > > - how to get mainboard serial number
    > > - how to get bioos serial number, bios name
    > > - how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
    > > here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
    > > formating it)
    > >
    > > Are there some other unique thing in PC?
    > >
    > > I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)
    > >
    > > I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

    > Well, this is possible using standard C but improbable.
    >
    > You can use what follows and hope for the best.
    >

    > int main(void)
    > {
    > int x = 10;
    >
    > printf("Conjure up mainboard serial number %u\n", ++x + ++x);
    >
    > return 0;
    > }

    I tried this program and it didn't work. Then I realized the
    problem. This must be code for a big endian machine - the
    expression for the value to be printed should be changed to

    x++ + x++

    to get it to work on a little endian machine.

    Tim Rentsch, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    Tim Rentsch wrote:

    >"j" <> writes:
    >

    >>"Eddie" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>I will be happy if someone will help me with this:
    >>>
    >>>- how to get mainboard serial number
    >>>- how to get bioos serial number, bios name
    >>>- how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
    >>>here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
    >>>formating it)
    >>>
    >>>Are there some other unique thing in PC?
    >>>
    >>>I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)
    >>>
    >>>I searched a littrle but with no interesting results
    >>>

    >>Well, this is possible using standard C but improbable.
    >>
    >>You can use what follows and hope for the best.
    >>

    >>int main(void)
    >>{
    >> int x = 10;
    >>
    >> printf("Conjure up mainboard serial number %u\n", ++x + ++x);
    >>
    >> return 0;
    >>}
    >>

    >I tried this program and it didn't work. Then I realized the
    >problem. This must be code for a big endian machine - the
    >expression for the value to be printed should be changed to
    >
    > x++ + x++
    >
    >to get it to work on a little endian machine.

    ;P

    Eddie, Sep 14, 2004