GetSavedLicenseKey doesn't work in an ASP.NET web application (HELP)

Gabriel

hi, I am in the same situation that Mark when posted the following
message some months ago.

Mark wrote...
When compiling an ASP.NET application which contains a licensed
control,
VS.NET automatically calls LC.EXE to embed the "licenses" resource in
the
ASP.NET project dll for all licensed controls as listed in
license.licx. (
This is done for all licensed controls whose providers call
context.SetSavedLicenceKey in LicenseProvider::GetLicense in the
constructor
of the control ). I have check the MANIFEST of the compiled ASP.NET
assembly
and their is a "licenses" resource that appears to be there.

The problem is that at runtime, context.GetSavedLicenseKey called from
the
control doesn't work. I assume this is because the Framework can't
locate
the ASP.NET assembly because it has been shadow-copied somewhere...???

Thus any control developer who needs to license a control which may be
consumed in an ASP.NET web application must implement an alternative
licence
storage location ( eg LIC file ) is GetSavedLicenseKEy doesn't work.

For me this is a licensing show-stopper, because I have to distribute
licence files with my web control, and these are a sinch to
copy/pirate.

If anyone can show how to succesfully use context.GetSavedLicenseKey
from a
control within an ASP.NET web application please do! Else could
someone from
Microsoft please confirm that it is impossible to do so!

Is there any solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

Bernd

I want compile the license in a dll instead into a exe

So I think I call

string sAssemblyPath = "TheDLLWithTheLicense.dll"
Assembly a = Assembly.LoadFrom(sAssemblyPath)
string key3 = context.GetSavedLicenseKey(type, a )

instead of

string key1 = context.GetSavedLicenseKey(type, null )

Like in a .exe I see the key in the .dll IDL File, when I load it with a editor

But context.GetSavedLicenseKey(type, a ) returns null

May you help me

Gabriel

Hi Bernd

I'm working to fix this issue at the moment.
So I will send you the solution ASAP.

If you want, contact me at private.

Regards

Gabriel Fogante