Getting a connection to a MSACCESS-DB with Eclipse 3.4 and j2sdk1.4.2_01

Maenne

Hi everybody,
i had created a GUI with eclipse and jigloo.
Now I wish to connect this GUI with an msaccess database, so that I get classes for example:

class opendb()
class closedb()

Has s.o. an idea, how i can make a connection to the db
and where i have to place the source in my code?
Thank you for your answer.

Maenne

Donkey Hottie

Hi everybody,
i had created a GUI with eclipse and jigloo.
Now I wish to connect this GUI with an msaccess database, so that I
get classes for example:

class opendb()
class closedb()

Has s.o. an idea, how i can make a connection to the db
and where i have to place the source in my code?
Thank you for your answer.

Maenne

Access is not a database server, which you can connect to.

Maybe some kind of jdbc-odbc -bridge can get the database for you, but I
have never tried.

Google "jdbc ms-access" propably will bring some light to the issue.

Owen Jacobson

Hi everybody,
i had created a GUI with eclipse and jigloo.
Now I wish to connect this GUI with an msaccess database, so that I get
classes for example:

class opendb()
class closedb()

Has s.o. an idea, how i can make a connection to the db
and where i have to place the source in my code?
Thank you for your answer.

Maenne

Have a look at JDBC: <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/index.html>

However, JDBC and MS Access don't work all that well together, since
the only JDBC driver that can talk to Access is the JDBC-ODBC bridge
driver. That driver is a buggy piece of crap appropriately only for
development. It can crash the JVM if things don't go perfectly. There
is *no* production-quality Access driver, as far as I know, and
Microsoft is uninterested in writing one (they really want people to
migrate to SQL Server, for which there are several JDBC drivers).

Finally: it's "someone", not "s.o.". :)

-o

Maenne

Thanks for all