    Please could someone help me make the link open in a new window?

    best regards
    mike
    Mike Azzopardi, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Mike Azzopardi" <mikeazzo22
    @hotmail.com> writing in news:1168719615.902406.11130
    @m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm hoping i have a rather straightforward problem. i want to open a
    > link in a new window but the link is a flash button object as per

    here:

    > http://www.soundaid.org/test2.htm

    Do you have an alternative for those who do not have flash available?

    > i have tried using "_blank" but it doesn't seem to work with it like
    > the
    > normal <A> links.

    Thank &Diety!

    > I need the click on the button to open the refering
    > page in a new window.

    If it is for your browser, then that might be a valid statement. I do
    not need to do that.

    > Unfortunately i am unable to edit the flash
    > object as it was written by someone else.

    You could ask the person nicely if they would edit it for you, or, you
    could just be happy like I am that the link opens in the same window.

    > Please could someone help me make the link open in a new window?

    No, I will not help you, but I will tell you some reasons why opening
    new windows is not a good idea.
    1. It breaks the back button
    2. For people who use mousegestures, the backspace key, etc, and may not
    look up to see if the back button is disabled, it's a PITA. You spend
    all that time gesturing or hitting the backspace key, only to find out
    that you CAN'T go back, because the darned thing is BROKEN.
    3. I am perfectly capable opening links in a new window, should I decide
    to do so. Please don't make decisions for me, I'm over three years old.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Mike Azzopardi

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Mike Azzopardi" <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm hoping i have a rather straightforward problem. i want to open a
    > link in a new window but the link is a flash button object as per here:
    >

    > http://www.soundaid.org/test2.htm
    >
    > i have tried using "_blank" but it doesn't seem to work with it like
    > the
    > normal <A> links.

    The url above shows none of your efforts. There is not an anchor
    in site (there is a lot of really horrible html style
    instructions - if the last bits are removed, exposed is the flash
    object as a horrible blinking one, I prefer the faulty end
    snippets of style...)

    The link is embedded in the Flash. Why not put a real html link
    underneath this "object" that says "No, click here instead!" and
    then you can _blank and whatever you like to your heart's content
    and it should direct to another window.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 13, 2007